Logga
CIGARRPRAT

Första sidan | Ny tråd | Carlscorona Cigarrklubb | Om forumet | Nollställ alla N

FAQ | Sök: Sök även i namnfältet

Ämne: Mitt första inlägg
Skrivet av: Tony
Tid: 2006-02-08 22:47:06

Hej 

Jag har följt detta forum under en tid och trivs med kvaliteten och tonen på diskussionen här. Under större delen av mitt vuxna liv har jag rökt några enstaka cigarrer på bröllop och andra större kalas. Detta ändrades i höstas i samband med en dykresa där jag tog på mig att se till att vi hade några goda cigarrer att avsluta sista dagen på stranden med. Eftersom jag inte var så bevandrad i utbudet var jag tvungen att testa några olika märken innan jag visste vilka jag skulle ta med mig...and the rest i history.
Nåväl, för att avsluta tänkte jag bifoga en "urban legend" jag hittade för ett tag sedan:

A Charlotte, North Carolina man, having purchased a box of 24 rare and very expensive cigars, insured them against... fire. Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of fabulous cigars, and having yet to make a single premium payment on the policy, the man filed a claim against the insurance company.

In his claim, the man stated that he had lost the cigars in "a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason: that the man had consumed the cigars in a normal fashion. The man sued, and won.
In delivering his ruling, the judge stated that the man held a policy from the company in which it was warranted that the cigars were insurable. The company, in the policy, had also guaranteed that it would insure the cigars against fire, without defining what it considered to be "unacceptable fire," and so, the company was obligated to compensate the insured for his loss. Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company accepted the judge's ruling and paid the man $15,000 for the rare cigars he had lost in "the fires."

However, shortly after the man cashed his check, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of arson. With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case used as evidence against him, the man was convicted of intentionally burning the rare cigars and sentenced to 24 consecutive one-year prison terms.

mvh

Hela tråden

ÄmneTidSkrivet av
N Mitt första inlägg22:47 den 8 februari 2006Tony
      N Mitt första inlägg22:58 den 8 februari 2006Mats
           N Mitt första inlägg23:00 den 8 februari 2006Mats
           N Mitt första inlägg23:37 den 8 februari 2006Tony
                N Mitt första inlägg23:49 den 8 februari 2006Sven
                     N Mitt första inlägg23:59 den 8 februari 2006Tony
                N Mitt första inlägg08:36 den 9 februari 2006ntore
                     N Mitt första inlägg12:46 den 9 februari 2006Tony
      N Välkommen! n/t18:52 den 9 februari 2006Daniel P